Regardless of your small business niche, a solid content strategy will take your brand a notch higher and help you stand out from the crowd. Great content can improve your brand reputation, do wonders for your conversions, and is also a crucial tool in your digital marketing toolbox. Hence, running out of new content ideas can damper your marketing efforts and weaken your industry position. To avoid these ripple effects on your business, you need to churn out relevant and engaging content regularly on all your online marketing platforms.
Here are some content ideas you can incorporate on your website and social platforms. Let us get started!
1. Product reviews. If you are not posting product reviews, customer testimonials, and ratings on your website and social media platforms, you are missing out on the persuasion power of social proof. New customers are more likely to believe the opinion of previous customers over any other aggressive marketing technique. Utilize the marketing power of social proof on your e-commerce website to drive up leads and conversions.
2. Social media. Social media is a great place to scour for content, with good reason. You can look for hashtags relevant to your brand to inspire your future content. Plus, it is a tool to check out the competitors and their content strategies. Engaging with other users on social media can also result in conversations that can inspire your content strategy.
3. Product descriptions. If you provide detailed, relevant content on your e-commerce product pages, you will increase the sales conversions. Plus, Google will rank you higher for the keywords because of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and better user experience. Include a clear image of the product or any similar products, complete with witty and captivating product descriptions to help customers make faster decisions.
4. Link building. Link building is another efficient way to promote your content. Bloggers love getting links from other bloggers because it helps them get more exposure, boosting their SEO (search engine optimization) rankings. If you have something unique or different to offer, others will be willing to link back to you too. It can also help generate leads, webinars, and opt-ins through links on their blog or social media page.
5. Giveaways/Contests. Whether it is a chance to win a prize or make new customers, contests can be another great way to generate content. It will also help fuel social media buzz and word-of-mouth marketing, which drums up engagement on your socials.
6. Blog posts on trending issues. If you have content relevant to a lot of your target audience, you should include it in your blog post titles so search engines can index it. Do not shy away from publishing trending topics in your area of expertise. When done right, it will help your business gain traction online and be visible among larger audiences.
7. Case studies about your products or services. Case studies will help you market your products and services more effectively. Case studies do not have to be heavy and technical. An engaging and creative case study will act as social proof while giving you content options to share on your platforms. Hence, it can be quite beneficial for small and medium enterprises to add a case study module to their website.
8. Monthly newsletters/blog posts. If you haven’t already, set up a newsletter or a blog page on your website now and engage your social media followers to subscribe to it in their inboxes so you can get traffic from these channels as well.
9. Webinars. Webinars are more popular than ever as a way for brands to engage with their audience. It is cost-friendly and effective to increase brand awareness and promoting your small business.
Related: How to host a Virtual Event for SMEs
10. Industry News. Mix up your brand-specific content and take a break from product marketing by posting industry news. Curate posts in your industry to offer informative, valuable, and high-quality content to your audience.
What’s more important for your content strategy is to create content that best resonates with your brand, audience, and the goals you hope to achieve. Do not shy away from experimenting with different content ideas to meet your business goals and the needs of your audience.
Need reliable hosting for your small business? Check out our affordable Direct Admin Hosting plans!