If you are looking for a simple and inexpensive way of creating an online presence, our DirectAdmin Basic Hosting plans are the best bet. In this quick-start guide, we will take you through the DirectAdmin panel, which is tailored to make it fast and easy to create a website.
The DirectAdmin panel, a popular cPanel alternative, is one of the most common web control panels for Linux servers. It comes with basic, easy-to-use functionality that makes it easy for beginners to sign up and publish your website. You can create and manage your email accounts, databases, FTP access, backups, and so much more using the DirectAdmin panel.
In this tutorial, we will take you through the basics of accessing your DirectAdmin panel so that you can get started.
After you purchase your DirectAdmin Basic hosting plan, you will access the control panel to create and manage your website. We will provide you with hosting-related information, such as username, passwords, domain name, and server IP address, among others.
Use these steps to log in to your DirectAdmin control panel;
- In your web browser, type the address of your website. The format should either be yourdomainname:2222 or http://serveripaddress:2222.
- Input the link into your browser and press enter. i.e.., http://yourdomainname:2222.
- If you have not purchased security for your site yet, you will see the page below. Click on advanced to continue to the DirectAdmin login page.
- Input your username and password. We will provide this information when you sign up for the hosting package.
- Click log in. When you enter the correct username and password, the Direct Admin panel home screen will appear, where you can access all the available features.
After logging in, you can now access other features to help you start building and customizing your website. Plus, familiarizing yourself with the DirectAdmin panel dashboard will make it easier for you to create and manage your online presence.
If it’s your first time logging in to the control panel, it’s possible to run into an invalid login error. Resolve this error by taking extra caution not to copy space, which counts as a character when pasting your password in the text box. If this fails, you can contact our support team for further assistance.
Logging out of DirectAdmin;
After every session on DirectAdmin, ensure you log out to avoid unauthorized users from accessing your website and prevent any security breaches.
1. Click on the drop-down menu at the top right corner screen on the dashboard.
2. Click the Logout tab.
If you have any questions regarding the DirectAdmin panel, do not hesitate to contact our live support team or send an email to email@example.com.
Related: How to Log in to cPanel