Setting up your website can be stressful, especially if it’s your first time. You will need to get acquainted with your control panel dashboard and all the features or tools you need to create your site. Fortunately, this guide will take you through the basics that you need to know to get started with your website.
This tutorial will cover logging in to your cPanel for the first time. While this may seem easy and straightforward, it is easy to make mistakes that might lead to an invalid login error.
After you purchase a hosting plan, you get access to your cPanel, where you get all the tools you need to manage your website effectively. Your hosting provider will provide you with the cPanel login details. The cPanel Welcome Email contains your username, password, domain name, and IP address, among other hosting-related information.
To log in to the cPanel, follow these steps;
- In your web browser, type the address for your website. You can either use your domain name or IP address to log in to the cPanel. We usually provide a link to the cPanel in the ‘cPanel Welcome Email.’ i.e., http://www.example.com/cpanel
- Input the link into your browser and press enter. For example, if your domain name is example.com. You will input “example.com/cpanel” into the address bar of your browser and press enter. If the DNS records have not yet propagated on the server, you can use the IP address instead.
- On the login page, type your hosting account username provided in the Username text box.
- Type your hosting account password. This information is in the “cPanel Welcome Email” sent after you have purchased your hosting account.
- Click Log in. When you enter the correct username and password, the cPanel home screen will appear, where you can now access all the cPanel features.
In some instances, you might encounter an invalid login error. Resolve this error by taking extra caution not to copy space, which counts as a character when pasting your password in the text box. If this fails, you can contact our support team for further assistance.
Logging out of cPanel
After you have finished using your cPanel, you can log out using the LOGOUT tab at the top right screen on the corner of your dashboard. The server automatically closes your session after a set period if you do not log out.
Click Logout here;
Logging in to your cPanel can be confusing for the first time, but understanding how to navigate your cPanel dashboard will make it possible for you to create your online presence.
Contact us here or send an email to email@example.com if you need any help with the cPanel.