A call to action (CTA) is a critical part of any marketing strategy, as it encourages customers to take a desired action. Crafting a well-written and persuasive call to action will provide a clear direction to the reader, prompting them to take action.
Here are some tips to help you create winning call-to-actions that will have your readers taking action.
1. Begin with a strong headline. A good headline is the vital part of a call to action. It should be direct, to the point, and have an element of urgency. It should also be memorable and clear enough that readers can recall it easily.
2. Make it clear and concise. When creating a call to action, use a language that is both direct and easy to understand. Avoid long-winded or overly complicated phrasing and technical jargon or industry speak. Ensure it is simple and clear enough for visitors to know what you are asking them to do. Plus, ensure the language you use reflects the tone and values of your brand for a consistent brand story.
3. Keep it simple. Do not overwhelm your readers with a long, complicated call to action. Ensure the desired action you want your visitors to take is clear and straightforward. The goal is to make your call-to-action stand out from the rest of the content on your website page.
4. Use a powerful and action-oriented verb in your call to action. The verb should clearly state the action you want the reader to take. Avoid using words like “click” or “go”, as these are not very compelling. Instead, you opt for “start”, “discover”, or “learn” to motivate action.
5. Make it stand out. Your call to action should be visually appealing and easy to find on the page. Use contrasting fonts, colors, and graphics to draw attention to your call to action. Plus, include a link or button that leads to the desired outcome, such as a purchase page or sign-up form.
6. Offer value. Ensure the action is relevant and valuable to your visitors. For example, if you want to offer a discount on your product, make sure the call to action reflects that. Also, state the benefit of taking action to encourage your readers to follow through.
7. Use language that resonates with your audience. When writing a call-to-action, remember that the words you use should reflect the tone and values of your brand. For example, if you are a cutting-edge technology company, you may want to use words like “innovate” or “pioneer”. If you are a luxury brand, then you might want to use words like “indulge” or “experience”. When you use such language, your visitors will feel they are part of your community and more likely to take action.
Writing a persuasive call to action is a crucial part of any successful marketing effort. Following the tips outlined will help you create a powerful call to action that will capture your reader’s attention and prompt them to take action.