On-page and off-page SEO practices are essential for any online business. While on-page optimization is focused on the website itself, off-page optimization includes all page ranking factors beyond your website such as building links.
Each has its benefits and drawbacks, and it is crucial to use both in the right way for your online business. On-page optimization is the most visible form of SEO and is focused on the website itself. However, every business can hugely benefit from off-page optimization.
We will kick off with some tips to improve your on-page SEO.
1. Keywords. A good starting point is to think about what keywords you want to target. Make a list of these keywords and how you can integrate them into your website. For example, you can use them in your titles, metatags, and content. You can also use them to create anchor text for links to your website.
Related: Keyword Research: Best Online Practices for Success
2. Quality content. Once you know which keywords you want to target, you can start creating content. Make sure that your content is high-quality and informative. A solid way to do this is to create blog posts, infographics, and videos relevant to your keywords.
3. Website design. The design of your website can also have an impact on your SEO. You want to make sure that your website is easy to navigate and that it loads quickly. You also want to use keywords in your website’s URL. Plus, make sure your website is designed to optimize the user experience.
4. Metatags. Another important aspect of on-page optimization is metatags. The most important meta tags are the title tag and description tag in the head section of a web page. They provide information about the page to search engines.
5. Structure. The structure of your website is vital for both users and search engine crawlers. Make sure your website is easy to navigate and that all your pages are reachable from the home page. Search engine crawlers will have an easier time indexing your website if it has a good structure.
Related: Why Site Structure is important in E-commerce
6. Mobile-friendly design. Not all websites are designed to be mobile-friendly, which can hurt your SEO. Ensure your website looks good on all devices, including smartphones and tablets. You can use responsive design to achieve this. You can also use plugins to improve your website’s performance on mobile devices.
Off-page SEO practices to look out for include;
1. Link building. Link building is the process of creating links to your website from other websites. The more high-quality links you have, the higher your website will rank in search engine results pages. There are different ways to build links, such as guest blogging, directory submissions, and social media.
Related: Link building tactics for your E-commerce Website
2. Social media. Social media is a great way to build links and improve your SEO. Make sure you create profiles on all of the major social media sites. You can also use social media to promote your content.
Related: Social Media Tips for Small Businesses
3. Social proof. Social proof is a powerful marketing tool, and it can also help you with your SEO. Make sure you have testimonials, reviews, and social media profiles that show you are an authority in your industry. It will help you rank higher in search engine results pages.
Related: Why your Website needs Social Proof
4. Speed. Your website’s speed affects your SEO. If your website is slow, it will hurt your ranking. Ensure that your website is optimized for speed and that all the pages load quickly. You can use plugins to improve your website’s performance.
5. Security. Security is a major concern for online businesses. If your website is not secure, it will harm your SEO. Ensure that your website is SSL-encrypted and that all your pages are secure. You can use a plugin to improve your website’s security.
Both on-page and off-page SEO are crucial for your online business. To wrap it up, make sure you target the right keywords and create high-quality content. Also, ensure your website is designed to be user-friendly and fast. Finally, do not forget to build links and create social proof.