If you understand the nuances of the web hosting industry and you already handle clients’ websites, you can explore reseller hosting as an additional revenue stream. With Reseller hosting, you rent servers from a web host and rebrand them to sell to your customers. With the right business approach and a good idea of what to look for in a reseller hosting package, your business will be off to a great start.
Here are the things you need in your reseller hosting package for a successful business;
- Credible host. Your choice of web host will make or break your reseller hosting business. You will need a quality host that offers reliable performance and security in their hosting packages. Ensure you check out customer reviews to get an idea of what to expect. If a host checks the boxes budget-wise and has positive customer reviews, they might be the right fit for you.
- Reliable technical support. Having an effective customer support system can enhance the hosting experience of your clients and the performance of your reseller hosting business. The web hosting industry is technical, and even with a good web host, your customers can run into unforeseen technical errors and malfunctions. Ensure the hosting company you choose has a reputation for good customer support so that any issues are solved promptly.
- High Uptime. If your web host does not maintain its servers well, your clients’ websites will likely suffer for it. Ensure that your hosting plan you choose has the resources to handle any sudden traffic or growth. Ideally, your web host should offer a 99.9 percent uptime to avoid too much downtime and have the websites up and running 24/7.
- Performance. Speed and performance are crucial for a good user experience, high search rankings, and conversions. Your hosting plan should have the resources for optimal performance. Keep an eye out for the disk space and unlimited bandwidth in your reseller hosting package. As your business grows, you might need to upgrade to a plan with more disk space to meet your clients’ needs.
- The ability to create and manage packages. The features you get with a reseller hosting plan will depend on your web host.Your package should make it easy to create multiple hosting plans to meet the needs of different clients. Plus, creating varying levels of packages pays off in the long run as it maximizes the appeal of your hosting plan, resulting in more clients.
- White-label branding. Opting for a web host that offers private servers will make it possible to rebrand the rented servers in your company. Having an independent reseller hosting business will help build your brand identity and gives you the freedom to create and customize your packages as you desire.
Choosing the right web host is crucial to the success of your reseller hosting business. To compete favourably, you need to have a clear understanding of the hosting features your clients need, a niche market, and a quality reseller hosting package from the right web host, as they set the stage for the services you can deliver.
We offer competitive reseller hosting plans with lots of features that provide plenty of space, flexibility, and customization options to help you get started.
Related: Starting a Reseller Business