Most businesses have embraced promotional emails as a way to connect with their customers. Since most people are perpetually attached to their electronic devices, the frequency of checking emails has increased exponentially. Research shows that people are five times more likely to check their emails than social media pages. Hence, email marketing continues to rank supreme over other online marketing efforts.
Email marketing shapes your brand outlook in the eyes of potential or current consumers. When done right, it will increase the level of engagement as people will more likely read your content and improve the click-through rate of your emails. Improve the success of your email marketing campaign by following these tips;
- Understand the needs of your audience. Relatable content increases the chances of consumers being interested in engaging with it. The rule of the thumb is to create content that adds value to your audience.
- Clear subject lines. The subject of emails sent to your contacts should be catchy enough for them to be interested in opening the mail. Under the same breadth, avoiding misleading subjects should be paramount. Sticking to clear and simple subject lines in the email is recommended for a better response from your audience.
- Identify yourself. Most email campaigns fail because of the lack of proper introduction to your audience. Since most people are wary of phishing emails, improper introduction harms the success chances of your email campaigns as most people will regard it as spam.
- Avoid purchased email lists. To increase the number of people receiving promotional emails, most businesses fall into the trap of buying email addresses and including them in their email lists. Apart from being inappropriate and portraying your business negatively, this backfires as most of the email addresses could end up being wrong, leading to an increase in the bounce rate of your emails or being blacklisted.
- Identify purchased advertisements. Any advertisements sent to your email list should be identified as such to avoid misleading your audience into completing a desired action based on pretences. Properly differentiating an advertisement from your regular promotional content is not only ethical, but it also helps your audience to practice discernment in the type of content they choose to consume.
- Consistency. Like all other promotional marketing efforts and activities online, being consistent in the posting of your content helps to regularly engage with your audience and it spikes their interest and improves engagement.
Email marketing, when done right, has the potential of increasing the profitability of your business by generating new leads and improving customer retention. Improve the chances of a successful email marketing campaign by purchasing a business email and get started.